Credit Union Loans Explained
Core Credit Union offers Members the chance to have control over their finances by making their own savings work for them. The two most important things about loans are being able to borrow the money and being able to repay it. It’s your loan, you should be able to do both in ways that suit you. Core Credit Union is flexible, you agree a repayment plan that suits you today, and if your situation changes, you come and talk to us.
Once you have a credit history that can be verified, or you are an established active Member, then your loan application will be assessed on your credit worthiness and ability to repay.
Core Credit Union can verify your credit history by checking your details on the Irish Credit Bureau and looking at your savings and repayment history with the Credit Union.
If a credit history cannot be established then the following will apply:
- The maximum loan considered will be €2,000 above the value of your shares
- Larger amounts can be considered where there is a suitable guarantor.
You can apply for a second loan once the first loan has been repaid in full, and all loans after that will be considered based on your ability to repay and your credit worthiness.
You can apply for a loan in person at any one of our offices or online at www.corecu.ie.
To fully process the loan we will need the following:
- Passport or driving licence
- A current utility bill, bank or credit card statement
- 3 most recent payslips or Social Welfare receipts
- 3 months current bank statements
- If you are Self employed we will need a copy of accounts and notice of assessment
- If your partners income is being used all of the above details are required for your partner also
Here are some of the things that make Core Credit Union loans different:
- There are no hidden fees or transaction charges.
- Interest rates are fair and reasonable and capped by law.
- Interest is calculated on your reducing balance, so you pay less interest with each repayment.
- Repayment terms can be designed around your needs
- Loans are insured – subject to terms and conditions – at no direct cost to you. Other lenders charge for this.
- You can pay off your loan early, make additional lump sum repayments or increase your regular repayments, without a penalty. Other lenders may charge you extra for paying them back faster.
If you are a Member and would like information about a Credit Union loan, Enquire Now Ballybrack Office Dalkey Office Sallynoggin Glenageary Office Shankill Office Glasthule/Dún Laoghaire Carrickbrennan Office Credit Control Department Foxrock Office, and we will answer any questions you may have.