With the Coronavirus (COVID-19) now in the Republic of Ireland, we are conscious some Members may wish to avoid coming into our offices to carry out transactions. Therefore we would like to remind Members that most Credit Union services are available online and through our Member Services Centre.
TEMPORARY OFFICE OPENING HOURS
Due to staffing shortages as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), our Dalkey and Foxrock offices are closed. Our Carrickbrennan office is open on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. All other offices are open as normal with the exception of 12.30 -13.30 on Thursdays and Fridays.
Members can carry out transactions in any of our offices, or by choosing one of the options below.
If you do decided to visit one of our offices please take note of the following in order to minimise risk:
- Hand sanitize or wash your hands before and after visiting our offices. particularly if you are handling cash.
- To avoid using cash, use a debit card to make your payment.
- Bring your own pen with you, to avoid using a pen someone else may have touched.
- Keep your visit brief and keep your distance by obeying the signs.
Scroll down for more information on measures we have taken to help our Members get through these troubling times.
CORONAVIRUS – HOW WE ARE HELPING OUR MEMBERS
As the Coronavirus (COVID – 19) situations unfolds, we understand that Members may need instant access to their savings.
As a result we have amended our online system to allow Members to withdraw their unpledged shares and stamps online, without having to come into one of our offices or phone us.
If you are not already registered for our online services, register now at www.corecu.ie/registeronline to available of this feature.
If you are registered online, but can’t remember your Username or Password, you can re-set them at www.corecu.ie/secure or call 01 272 5600 and we will help you.
If you are cocooning as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), and you want to make a withdrawal of up to €200 from your Credit Union account, contact us on 01 272 5600 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will drop it around to your house for you.
As a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we are aware that some of our Members will be impacted in ways that will affect their ability to meet loan repayments in the coming weeks and months.
If you find yourself in this position, please don’t worry, we are committed to supporting you, visit www.corecu.ie/help or call 01 272 5600 for more information.
- What do I do if I am self-isolating, but still want to make my loan repayment?
- For your safety and the safety of our staff, if you are self-isolating please don’t visit any of our offices. Payments can be carried out on line, by choosing one of the options in the boxes at the top of this page, or by phoning 01 272 5600.
- What do I do if I am self-isolating or my circumstances have changed as a result of the Coronavirus, and I can’t afford to make my loan payment?
- This is a difficult time for many people and we realise some Members will be unable to meet loan repayments in the coming weeks and months. We are here to help you, call us on 01 272 5600 or visit www.corecu.ie/help, and make sure to keep in regular contact with us.
- What if I am in a high risk category but want to carry out a transaction with the Credit Union, including applying for a loan?
- For your safety if you are in a high risk category, we understand you may not want to visit one of our offices. Most Credit Union transactions including making a payment or applying for a loan can be done online or by phoning our Member Services team on 01 272 5600.
- To make a payment online visit www.corecu.ie/secure (you will need to be registered for our online services, but you can do that through this link as well).
- To apply for a loan online visit www.corecu.ie/loans where there are a series of options to choose from.
Most at Risk
- Anyone who has been to an affected region in the last 14 days AND is experiencing symptoms
- Anyone who has been in close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in the last 14 days AND is experiencing symptoms