Be Like Linda - Stay Local, Borrow Local, Spend Local
COVID 19 has hit all of us around the country, so now more than ever it is vital that we all work together to build back our communities. For this reason, 24 Dublin Credit Unions have joined forces and created a campaign that focuses on 3 main objectives: Stay Local, Borrow Local and Spend Local.
The Credit Union has always been at the heart of the community through good times and bad, we are not driven by profit and always put our Members first (there is a reason we have been voted No.1 for customer experience for a record 5 years straight).
While social distancing guidelines are telling us to stay apart, they are also keeping local communities together. Now more than ever we ask you to play your part in your community by supporting small local businesses, after all, they make up the backbone of every community. Our drive is to help our country get back on track.
Stay local to:
- Stop the spread of the Coronavirus
- Keep people safe, healthy and strong
- Build new relationships with your neighbours
- Reach out to the vulnerable and elderly in your area
- Enhance Community Spirit
Borrow local because:
- Your Credit Union is a small local business and also needs your support
- Communities must support their Credit Unions in order for them to survive
- The availability of credit leads to an increase in spending, thus increasing income levels across the economy.
- Emergency borrowing is available for those worried about making ends meet.
- Flexible loan repayments are available for those who are having difficulty.
- By supporting your Credit Union and borrowing from your Credit Union you are enabling us to continue our long tradition of lending to those in our society who can’t access credit from mainstream ‘FOR PROFIT’ commercial institutions
Spend local because:
- By shopping locally, we support our towns and villages and keep our local shopkeepers in business.
- Local business is essential for our economy.
- It brings growth and innovation to our communities.
- Small businesses provide employment.
- Small business know their customers by name; they are our neighbours and friends. They are what make our towns special and unique.
Support Small and Local Businesses by:
- Shop your local stores online.
- Buy gift cards or vouchers to use later from your favourite shops and businesses.
- Order food for takeout or delivery.
- Check for delivery options at places other than restaurants.
- Check with the businesses you frequently shop with. They may have altered their services to fit the temporary ‘new normal’.
And remember your Credit Union is supporting you, local Members, the local community and local businesses. Talk to your local Credit Union today.
If you are not a Member of Core Credit Union, join online today by clicking on the green button below. It only takes a couple of minutes and once you are a Member you can apply for a loan straight away.